R.E.D. is a unique online project that combines a showroom, PR agency and retail store and caters to everybody involved in the fashion cycle, from boutique owners and press to final consumer. The online store is to launch this upcoming fall.
1. The majority of designers being represented are Russian, but there are also brands from Ukraine, Belarus and Latvia. Right now there are more than 70 designers.
2. Wholesale buyers will be able to order straight from the website.
3. Stylists will be able to book clothes straight on the website.
4. There is a vast archive of various years’ lookbooks, videos, press clippings, even soundtracks. Journalists will have access to high quality pictures ready for publication.
5. A very interesting feature! Bloggers will be able to request an interview with a designer straight on the website through a fill-in form.
These guys are aiming very high, and it is great! I can only praise people who see Russian designers’ potential in the global context.
And have you noticed the smartest of all choices for a logo? I always said – red means Russian.