Masha Reva Capsule Collection 2011 For Atelier 1 Collectif
Apparently, Ukraine is a much more interesting country than I could ever imagine…
Seeing the level of young designers’ creativity and professionalism one might think Ukraine hasn’t recently gone through all those hard times like economic downturn, government crisis etc. How do beautiful flowers always manage to bloom in whatever dirt?
Presented below is a lookbook of Masha Reva capsule collection for Atelier 1 concept store in Kiev, Ukraine. Despite being fresh from university, Masha has many more exciting projects behind her back. I can’t wait for the next one!
This collection is about the functionality, free movement and free choice. Almost every item can be transformed into something else and worn differently, so this video instruction at the designer’s website might also be of a good help.
1. A velvet transformer dress with concealed zippers. The dress is meant to be worn with a frilled silk blouse. Frills can be adjusted to show through the dress…
2. Another transformer dress with a wool jacket attached to it.
3. A wool cape with zippered arm slits.
4. A wool jersey dress with ties which an be tied a thousand ways.
5. The same dress worn with a clever take on a waist bag.
6. A transformer wool something :) Can be worn to cover the head or like a cape.
7. A frilled silk blouse from the first picture.
8. Another silk blouse with loose-hanging frills and detaching sleeves.
10. A transformer wool coat with detaching hood.
10. Another hood with snap closures under the arms.
11. A transformer jacket made of rubberized cotton with detaching wool lining.
photo – Roma Noven
model – Tania Oldyork
hair – Linda Poluektova
make-up – Slava Chaika (by CINECITTA)
post production – Cate Underwood, Masha Reva, Vitya Glushchenko